Our Cayman Regulatory practice covers all major regulated sectors and provides services to a broad range of clients.
Our regulatory team works alongside our transactional teams during mergers and acquisitions and other deals involving entities supervised by local regulators.
Our team has in-depth knowledge of the various regulatory laws, rules and guidance notes and can assist regulated entities with matters including:
- Regulatory Advice and guidance
- Regulatory enforcements and remediation
- Anti-Money Laundering/CFT
- Compliance support
- Licensing, Registrations, De-Registration
- Cayman Islands Stock Exchange (CSX) Listings and de-listings
- Regulatory liaison
A regulated entity is an entity regulated under one or more of the following laws:
- Banks and Trust Companies Law
- Insurance Law
- Mutual Funds Law
- Securities Investment Business Law
- Building Societies Law
- Cooperative Societies Law
- Development Bank Law
- Money Services Law
- Companies Management Law
Our specialists in this area are:
Send us an Email
- FCA AIFMD updates: a new date for the diary
- FATCA and Cayman Island funds: Ministry Advisory on GIIN
- Coming soon: the OECD Common Reporting Standard
- AIFMD VoPs: FCA advises get your form in now
- Should the beneficial ownership of companies be public knowledge?
Having assisted with the development and drafting of the Public Accountants Law, Solomon Harris is well placed to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of these rules and regulations. We continue to work closely with Cayman Islands Society for Professional Accountants (CISPA) and can provide expert guidance on all your queries and applications, including advice on setting up your accounting practice in the Cayman Islands.
Information and Communications Technology
These regulations cover the licensing of telecommunications, broadcasting, and all forms of radio with the Internet, Communications and Technology Authority (ICTA). We have advised on obtaining Cayman Islands website domain names as well as securing radio licenses for both commercial and private maritime vessels. A Cayman Islands domain name (.ky) becomes especially useful for geographical targeting and other marketing applications.